Teylers Museum, Netherlands
The Teylers Museum is the oldest public museum in the Netherlands (founded in 1784). It is known as the “museum of the museums”. The Teylers Museum has a diversity of collections (from drawings to fossils) that is unique in the museum world:
- the Cabinet of Physics: a collection of instruments built for research and demonstration;
- the Art Collection: master drawings from Michelangelo, Rembrandt and Watteau; prints from Rembrandt and Durer; paintings from the Dutch Romantic school;
- the Palaeontological and Mineralogical Cabinet: a historic collection of fossils and minerals;
- the Numismatic Cabinet: one of the most important numismatic collections in the Netherlands; and
- the Natural Sciences Library: a complete collection of 18th and 19th century books on natural history.
Further information: http://www.teylersmuseum.nl